- No place outside is safe from lightning during a thunderstorm
- Lightning can strike up to 10 miles away from a storm
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you
- Move inside a strong building or an enclosed hardtop vehicle
- Avoid contacting inside wiring and plumbing during a thunderstorm; this includes appliances and corded phones
- Stay in shelter for 30 minutes after the last thunder
- If someone is struck by lightning, call for help immediately
When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors!